Project XII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The website/forum for the Minecraft server Project XII

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Deaaaaaaaad?
Policy     Icon_minitimeby DerDaniel Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:25 am

» Promotions
Policy     Icon_minitimeby asdfgh746 Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:15 pm

» Sharpsh0t - appilcation
Policy     Icon_minitimeby sharpsh0t Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:21 pm

» Online Server FTW
Policy     Icon_minitimeby Irish_Insanity Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:18 pm

» Anyone know what is going on with minecraft.net?
Policy     Icon_minitimeby asdfgh746 Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:37 am

» Online server? Are you sure?
Policy     Icon_minitimeby SkellatorOfLife Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:15 pm

» SkellatorOfLife
Policy     Icon_minitimeby Austinplaya Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:12 pm

» private server?
Policy     Icon_minitimeby Austinplaya Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:15 pm

» Command Requests
Policy     Icon_minitimeby Irish_Insanity Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:56 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Poll
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Policy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Austinplaya
Admin

Policy     Empty
PostSubject: Policy    Policy     Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 7:12 pm

New grieving policy
As you know I have set up mysql so every block change is now recorded and saved. This coupled with Dan's machine stability makes for a very easy time of finding grievers. The banning on grievers should be based on proof. If an Op or SuperOp directly witnesses a grief, instant ban, higher ranks wi have a chance to exain themselves but my bottom line policy on grieving is zero tolerance. If a player other than a mod or op witnesses a grief, they must prove that the accused player grieved. This is very easy through the use of the /about command. If it says "has not been modified since the map was cleared", then the player walks. It may suck but im not prepared to ban based on speculation. The good news is, if they briefed before, they probably will again.

Disallowed objects
Everyone knows that there are a lot of objects that should not and will not be built on this server. Obcene images or words, hate symbols, or religious discriminatory buildings or images are stricly forbidden. The building of any one of these is subject to a ban from the server. Players of rank will be allowed to explain themselves and possibly issued a warning, depending on the severity of the infringement. There are more minor objects that needn't be built here. These objects include names, which are unnecessary given the /about command, and flags, which we have had a problem with on Sword, being without reason or purpose and generally detracting from the usable room on a map. These minor offenses are punishable with a remindance of the rules and an immediate removal of the object.

Ettiquette
Server ettiquette is one thing I would like to stress. There is no excuse for being annoying or rude, as it is a game and we are all here to have fun. Besides griefing, there are several behaviors I would like to discourage or disallow.
Begging for ranks: when a player ranks up, they do so because they earned it, not because an op got tired of being harassed. Begging for ranks will warrant a warning, a final warning, and then a ban, if 3 offenses occur.
Shadowing/obstructing: players who follow other players for the sake of annoyance shall be given 2 warnings before a ban. This behavior is annoying and senseless and obstructs productive building. Also, building so that you are deliberately in the way of another person is strictly forbidden. Although hard to prove, the person with the better attitude/better structure will be able to continue and the other's must be taken down. Warning then ban for repeat offense.
Lying: lying is perhaps the most discouraged practice of all, apart from grieving. Claiming any part of a structure you did not build is subject to an immediate ban. I would hope higher ranks would be above this but they will be given an opportunity to explain themselves. Claiming that an op promoted you is also subject to an immediate ban.

Map creation
I encourage people to make new, well designed themed maps. The SuperOps do not need my permission to make a map but I do reserve the right to make a judgement call. Keep in mind that map dimensions must be exponentials of 16: 16,32,64,128, or 256. Any map with larger dimensions than 256 will have to be cleared with me beforehand.

Map clearing
Reuqested map clearings must be posted on this forum and are subject both to the comminity's and my judgement.

Abuse of privelages
This mostly applies to the higher ranks, but everyone would do well to heed it. If you have ranked up, you have earned the rewards and the commands that come with it. However, abuse of these commands or power is strictly forbidden. Overuse of commands such as /possess, /impersonate, /gun, /tnt, /jail, /slap, /say, /kill, or /missile is not ok and could be subject to a demotion. Abuse of power such as ordering guests around and scaring people into doing things is also disallowed. Finally, excessive and senseless use of building commands such as /cuboid, /solid, /water (active, or any variation), /lava (active, or any variation), or /rainbow is strongly discouraged and will involve removal of effected areas/structures, and possibly a warning if abuse is continued.

Banning
I use the word ban a lot here and mean it, but when it all comes down to it, use your gut. If a player has demonstrated a deliberate disobedience to the rules, despite warnings, then a ban it warranted and required. If they have transgressed these rules but express apologies and do not repeat the offense, as well as having a good attitude about it, a ban is not justified. I trust my great staff of Operators to do the right thing. If it is a high profile ban please post it on the forums. And now for something new. In the process of banning a player, instead of the traditional kickban, please take the time to freeze the player, undo their damage if needed, an inform them that a ban may be appealed on the forums. This is a great way to find out who is truly sorry and interested in going through the trouble to continue play on the server.

Common sense
Finally, use your common sense! If you don't think you should be doing something, stop! If you have a problem, talk to somebody and they will be more than willing to help!
Back to top Go down
https://project-xii.board-directory.net

Policy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project XII :: News, Updates, and Info :: Rules and Policy-
Jump to: